- “Call now and we’ll throw in an extra Ginsu knife absolutely free!”
- “Act now! Quantities are limited!”
- “Discount good through January 30.”
- “100% money-back guarantee for 30 days.”
Stimulate Your Readers to Take Action
You need a call to action. Something to stimulate your reader to get off his chair and call you or visit your website NOW. Without a call to action, he will put down your postcard/close your email and think he will come back to it later. At that point, you’ve likely lost him.
A call to action stimulates immediate action because the buyer (notice he’s no longer a “reader”) perceives that this offer is time-sensitive. The less time between receiving your marketing message and acting on it increases the likelihood of purchase.
Here are some ways you can turn readers into buyers with a call to action:
- Create a deadline for the offer
- Offer free gift to first X number of respondents
- Offer an upgrade for a limited time
- Increase price over time
Add a call to action to your marketing message, and you’ll see a drastic increase in your sales!