New Year’s Resolutions for Egg - 2016 Edition
I enjoy my end-of-year resolutions post. It gives me time to reflect on the past year, as well as look forward to even more great things in the next year. Last year I shortened my resolutions list significantly, and I’m happy with the results.
Year in Review: 2015 Resolutions
Here’s what I hoped to achieve a year ago, as well as results:
1. Increase repeat business by 40%.
I’m really happy to say that 90% of Egg’s revenue is from repeating customers. I think we’ve managed to impress customers with our great content skills, and they come back for more!
2. Take on more work that I can hand directly over to my fabulous writing team.
We had a couple of new clients this year that I barely touched once the project started rolling. This year, I learned how to get out of the way and let my amazing writers (and new editor, Sian Phillips) do their thing.
3. Ghostwrite at least 5 business books for clients.
I wrote two business books and countless whitepapers and ebooks, so I’m on track for this one.
4. Write 3 more books for my book marketing site.
I actually put a lot of work into my other site, and created several books and guides for it.
I’m pretty happy with all the resolutions I made last year and their results! What about you? How did you fare with what you set out to achieve in 2015?
Now for 2016
I like keeping my list short, so here it is:
- Start writing for another high-traffic site monthly (like Forbes).
- Double the work for my freelancers.
- Attract clients in 2+ new industries.
Short and sweet!