Mobile marketing is increasingly picking up pace in…
Why opt-in for SMS marketing you ask? We say, “why not? With text messages being read on average in under five seconds, no other method of communication will get across to your target audience faster! Personalize your messages for better customer engagement and schedule them when it’s convenient for you! SMS is quick, affordable, and easy to use.
Here are the top 5 reasons your business needs SMS marketing:
- Text messages have a 98% open rate, while email only has a 20% open rate
- 80% of people are already using texting for business
- 75% of people prefer to have offers sent via SMS
- 77% of consumers with texting capabilities between the ages of 18-34 are likely to have a positive perception of a company that offers text capability
- 70% of employees think their organization should use text messaging to communicate with employees
Whether you need to get the message out about your latest deals or update your employees about the latest event going on in the company, SMS is the best delivery tool.
Just like an email marketing program, you can also segment your mobile database by demographic, interest, and user behavior. Now you can ensure that every message gets read and is relevant for each and every subscriber.
Get Your Keyword
Getting people to subscribe to your mobile database is super easy. You just need to create a unique mobile keyword opt-in campaign.
For example: “Text YOURKEYWORD to 95000?
Here are some tips for selecting the best mobile keyword:
- Select a keyword that is easy to remember. Even though stats show that 6.8 billion people in the world own a cell phone, some may not always have it with them when they see your mobile keyword campaign. By making it easy to remember they can easily subscribe to it later.
- Avoid using special characters. You’ll make it more difficult for them to subscribe because it’s hard enough to find standard letters on their mobile keypads, let alone special ones like “Text PIZZA!#% to 95000�?.
- Only use one word for your mobile keyword. It’s easier for them to type in and subscribe. Instead of using PIZZA PARLOR, opt for PIZZAPARLOR instead.
- Keep it short. Typing on your mobile phone is not the easiest thing to do. From our experience, try to keep your keyword under 6 characters.
- You don’t need to get too clever. We’ve seen some customers use the keyword PISSA, because the keyword PIZZA was taken. Just use the keyword PIZZA01.
Once you’ve selected your perfect mobile keyword, the next step is to advertise it.
Get Mobile Subscribers
To get the most mobile subscribers for your campaign, here are some places that are proven to get the job done:
- Print advertisements
- Business cards
- TV screens
- Radio advertisements
- TV advertisements
- Email signature
- The radio
- Email campaigns
- Promotion products
- Restaurant menus
- Picket signs
Go on and give text messaging a try for your business! Don’t forget to use the beginner’s guide to SMS marketing created by Trumpia down below for some tips.