If you’re not getting the number of visitors to your blog that you want, step back and see the blog through other people’s eyes. What do they see? A crowded site with too much going on? A blog that hasn’t been updated in months? Now look at other blogs and see what you like about them. Then see: what can you apply to your own blog?
Boosting your blog traffic doesn’t have to take a great deal of time. Start with one of these, then see how it affects traffic.
- Add quality image to each post (Creative Commons or a subscription service)
- Use bullets and lists, as well as subheaders to break up the text
- Experiment with different length content to see which people respond best to
- Invite guest bloggers to vary up the content
- Make sure you have an RSS widget so people can subscribe to your updates