Social networking is among the most popular online activities, which boasts high user engagement rates and offers growing mobile possibilities. Social network penetration across the globe goes on increasing. According to Statista, in 2017, 71% of Internet users were social network users. Marketing your small business on the social networking platform, Facebook, is of immense importance to your success. Facebook enables brands to connect with their fans directly, and that’s the reason why marketers put lots of effort into generating Facebook fans. Tens of millions of fans are following major companies such as Disney, Coca-Cola, and Nike on Facebook.
Marketing Your Small Business on Facebook
Today, Facebook is the market leader in terms of reach and scope and is currently the biggest social network in the world. As of the 1st quarter of 2017, Facebook had over 1.94 billion monthly active users (MAU) worldwide, including about 1.74 billion mobile monthly active users.
According to 42% of marketers, Facebook is critical or important to their business. 44% of SMB marketers plan to spend money promoting Facebook video content in 2017. 93% of marketers use Facebook advertising on a regular basis. Over 60 million businesses now have a Facebook Page. Additionally, 4 million businesses are actively advertising on Facebook.
Here are a number of best practices you should use to actively attract and build engagement with your customers through marketing your small business on Facebook:
- Open a Facebook Page for Your Small Business – Create a Facebook Page for your small business by choosing from a category type that’s most relevant to it.
- Create and Promote Posts – Focus on keeping your customers interested and engaged. Be appealing to them to stay top-of-mind.
- Be Short and Keep to the Point – Your content should be short and specific to keep your customers’ attention easily.
- Get Insights into Your Target Audience – Know your user demographics
- Shoot a Video – Shoot a video: video posts are playing a dominant role in social media marketing. Add captions to your videos since 90% of viewers on Facebook watch videos without sound. Focus on live production as it’s going to be a major theme for social media in 2017, and, especially live videos, are expected to grow greatly. Live videos can help you increase your reach.
- Grab More Attention – Use compelling content, images, and videos. Facebook Live will help you engage audiences in an update or event. Schedule your posts to publish them at the most suitable time.
- Look for Inspiration – Galleries of business ads can serve as a great source. Visit Facebook’s success stories. Focus on examples by business size, type, service, product, or location.
- Know When to Post – Post frequently and timely. Post at least 2 times per day to remain fresh and consistent. This way, you’ll easily be discovered and won’t annoy your customers. Afternoons or early evenings are great for posting.
- Use Facebook Ads – Facebook Ads can help you connect with a specific, targeted audience. As a result, your brand will appear in front of the right customers and help you reach your conversion goals. Facebook offers a number of objectives, from which you should choose one for yourself.
- Use Facebook Messenger – The number of businesses using messaging apps for marketing is growing. Facebook Messenger is integrated with business pages. It’s currently the 2nd most popular messaging app in terms of MAU all over the world. Use it to communicate privately with customers who contact you or like your page.
- Set Up Saved Audiences – Saved Audiences can be of great help, especially when targeting a specific market.
- Consider Retargeting – Through retargeting, you can advertise to those who’ve already visited your website. You just need to install Facebook’s tracking pixel on your website and wait for visitors to come.
- Your Page Should Have a Call-to-Action (CTA) – Calls-to-action will make it easy for your fans to connect with your business.
- Upload Your Email List – This way, you can advertise to all emails associated with Facebook accounts.
- Don’t Ignore Messages – Highlight and engage with customers. Don’t forget to respond to messages.
- Embed Your Facebook Content – Mix together different forms of content to create more touch points with your potential customers. On Facebook, you can also embed content. You just need to click in the upper right-hand corner of your post, copy and paste.
- Create a Facebook Group – Opening your own Facebook Group can help you gather your fans in one place and encourage them to interact with one another. This way, you’ll have an active community of people talking about your business.
- Attract More Fans to Your Page – Don’t fail to add the Facebook icon wherever you can. Organize a contest, or offer a coupon or discount.
- Focus on Your Facebook Analytics – Tracking, measuring, and refining are critical to your marketing success. Use Facebook Insights to track audience engagement and reach with your content, figure out which types of posts are working best for your Page, as well as measure Likes and Dislikes. This is a great way to discover what isn’t working for you.
- Have Fun – Don’t forget about being social on social media. Be personable.
Facebook boasts a huge and vastly growing number of users who are active and consistent in their visits to the site. Take the right steps to make them a promising audience for your own marketing efforts.
Electronic payments expert, Blair Thomas, co-founded eMerchantBroker in 2010. His passions include writing/producing music, and travel. eMerchantBroker is America’s No.1 high risk merchant account processing company, serving both traditional and high-risk merchants.